The following is a quick list of must-have items to keep on hand during a boudoir photography session. Keep a basket ready to go at all times with these items.
1. Powder – in particular bareMinerals by Bare Escentuals or skin blotters. Either of these will help avoid oily or shine spots on foreheads, cheeks and noses.
2. Drinking straws – for beverages helps keep your client's lipstick intact
3. Lip gloss (Mac is the best!) to keep the shine on their lips and enhance their lipstick. Also keep a box of q-tips for applying so clients are sharing the same product.
4. Visine – to take the red out of blot shot eyes
5. Eye lash glue – sometimes those suckers start falling off in the middle of shoot so be prepared with some extra glue.
6. Small scissors – for cutting off tags (especially in lace panties). It's much easier to cut off tags before shooting than fixing later in Photoshop.
7. Safety pins – for broken straps, garter clasps and other wardrobe malfunctions
8. Extra pairs of thigh highs – clients sometimes forget to bring them so it's a nice item to have handy. Don't forget to buy different sizes.
9. Men's white shirts – large and small. If clients bring them along, they tend to be too wrinkled to use. It's nice to offer them a freshly ironed shirt to wear instead.
10. Product samples – you have to have samples in order to sell.
What essentials do you keep on hand during your boudoir shoots ? We'd love to hear from you !